The perfect Goldilocks bike between the Process 134 and Process X, the Process 153 hits all the sweet spots at a very budget-friendly price. The 160/153mm front and rear suspension gives you unwavering reliability on tricky descents while still climbing with ease. It's spec'd with everything you need and nothing you don't. Strong brakes, dependable suspension and grippy tyres equal the perfect all-around package.
Kona 6061 Aluminum
Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminum alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005 / 6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing's wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame's strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
Tapered Head Tube
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going-into the lower headset cup-maximizing bearing durability where it's needed.
Tubeless Compatible Rims
Tubeless rims allow for tyres with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12 x 148mm Axle
12 x 142mm, 12 x 148 and 12 x 157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142 / 148 / 157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For this year you'll see the 12 x 148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12 x 142 thru-axle.
Register a new Kona bike within three months of purchase, and the original owner qualifies the Kona frame for a free Lifetime Warranty. Note: this does not apply to Kona Carbon models.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted 153mm Travel
- Forks: RockShox Yari RC Motion Control DebonAir 160mm Tapered 110mm Spacing
- Headset: FSA No.57B
- Rear Shock: RockShox Deluxe Select Plus Trunnion
- Crankset: Shimano Deore
- Chainrings: 30 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore PF92
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Freewheel: Shimano Deore 11-50 Tooth 11 Speed
- Chain: KMC X11
Braking / Shifting
- Shifters: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano Deore
- Front Rotor: Shimano RT64 203mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Rotor: Shimano RT64 180mm (Centerlock)
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore
- Rims: WTB ST I30 TCS 2.0
- Front Hub: Shimano 110 x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Shimano 148 x 12mm
- Spokes: Stainless Black 14 Gauge
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai EXO TR DUAL 29 x 2.5" WT
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II EXO TR DUAL 29 x 2.4" WT
- Handlebars: Kona XC / BC 35
- Grips: Kona Key Grip
- Stem: Kona XC / BC 35
- Seatpost: TranzX Dropper +RAD Internal with Shimano Lever 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
- Saddle: Kona Trail
Why Buy from Bikeseven?
Your new bike won't just be two wheels which take you from A to B. We will make sure it does this with maximum enjoyment and no worry!
Our Cytech certified Technicians will professionally build your bike and run a thorough pre-delivery inspection, ensuring your new bike is ready to perform at it's best. Cytech is an internationally recognised training and accreditation scheme, meaning not only your manufacturer's warranty is validated, but above all, your bike is safe to ride - something to help put your mind at rest.
Each bike comes with a recommended Cycle Care Plan to keep your bike at it's full potential.
You can enjoy the first year for free!
With eBike purchases we offer a 3 Year Cycle Care Plan for less than £150. Safe cycling with peace of mind all the way.
• Six week checkup; at the end of six weeks our Cytech certified experienced professionals will assess your bike and make any adjustments necessary to suit your riding style
• Bronze service (worth £45) at the end of six months
• Silver service (worth £65) at the end of twelve months
We love bikes and it shows!